well, I guess you just can't get enough photos of yourself sometimes. haha. I just couldn't decide what photo to use, so I decided to use all of them. Pretty good decision if I may say so myself. :))
Anyways, today I woke up and found myself searching for the remote control of the air-conditioner because was I freezing! And then I realized it was off. It was actually the weather that's freezing my ass off. Christmas is so near, my freezing ass can feel it. LOL. :)))
Today I'm wearing comfy clothes. :) the knitted dress is thrifted. You know how much I love thrifting. It's not all about getting cheap stuff. It's more on the thrill of finding really awesome items amongst the mountains of other clothes! :)
ooh! and I DIYed a ring today. It's a kitty cat on a velvet ribbon. :)
When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right
things a chance to catch you.
So starting today…
1 Give up trying to be perfect. – The real world doesn’t
reward perfectionists, it rewards people who get things done. Read Getting Things Done.
2 Give up comparing yourself to others. – The only person you
are competing against is yourself.
3 Give up dwelling on the past or worrying too much about the
future. – Right now is the only moment guaranteed to you. Right now is life. Don’t miss it.
4 Give up complaining. – Do something about it.
5 Give up holding grudges. – Grudges are a waste of perfect
6Give up waiting. – What we don’t start today won’t be
finished by tomorrow. Knowledge and
intelligence are both useless without action.
7 Give up lying. – In the long-run the truth always reveals
itself. Either you own up to your
actions or your actions will ultimately own you.
8 Give up trying to avoid mistakes. – The only mistake that
can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re too scared
to make a mistake.
9 Give up saying, “I can’t.” – As Henry Ford put it, “Whether
you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”
10 Give up trying to be everything to everyone. – Making one
person smile can change the world. Maybe
not the whole world, but their world.
Start small. Start now.
11 Give up thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100%
ready when an opportunity arises.
Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our
comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.
12 Give up setting small goals for yourself. – Many people set
small goals because they’re afraid to fail.
Ironically, setting these small goals is what makes them fail.
13 Give up trying to do everything by yourself. – You are the
sum of the people you spend the most time with.
If you work together, you will be far more capable and powerful than you
ever could have been alone.
14 Give up buying things you don’t need. – Manage your money
wisely so your money does not manage you.
Do not spend to impress others.
Do not live life trying to fool yourself into thinking wealth is
measured in material objects. Read I
Will Teach You To Be Rich.
15 Give up blaming others for your troubles. – The extent to
which you can live your dream life depends on the extent to which you take
responsibility for your life. When you
blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility – you give
others power over that part of your life.
16 Give up making mountains out of molehills. – One way to
check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question:
“Will this matter in one year’s time?
Three years? Five years? If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.
17 Give up trying to live up to the expectations of others. –
Work on it for real and exceed your own expectations. Everything else will fall into place.
18 Give up the ‘easy street’ mentality. – There is too much
emphasis on finding a ‘quick fix’ in today’s society. For example taking diet pills to lose weight
instead of exercising and eating well.
No amount of magic fairy dust replaces diligent, focused, hard work.
19 Give up making promises you can’t keep. – Don’t
over-promise. Over-deliver on everything
20 Give up letting your thoughts and feelings bottle up inside.
– People are not mind readers. They will
never know how you feel unless you tell them.
21 Give up beating around the bush. – Say what you mean and
mean what you say. Communicate
22 Give up avoiding change. – However good or bad a situation
is now, it will change. That’s the one
thing you can count on. So embrace
change and realize that change happens for a reason. It won’t always be easy or obvious at first,
but in the end it will be worth it.
23 Give up your sense of entitlement. – Nobody is entitled to
anything in this world. We are all
equal. We breathe the same air. We get what we give. We get what we earn.
24 Give up waiting until the last minute. – Those who fail to
plan, plan to fail.
25 Give up being dramatic. – Stay out of other people’s drama
and don’t needlessly create your own.
26 Give up being anti-athletic. – Get your body moving! Simply take a long, relaxing walk or commit
30 minutes to an at-home exercise program like the P90X workout.
27 Give up junk food. – You are what you eat. Read The 4-Hour Body.
28 Give up eating as a means of entertainment. – Don’t eat when
you’re bored. Eat when you’re hungry.
29 Give up foolish habits that you know are foolish. – Don’t
text and drive. Don’t drink and
drive. Don’t smoke. Etc.
30 Give up relationships with people who bring you down. –
Saying “no” to right people gives you the time and resources required to say
“yes” to right opportunities. Spend time
with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded.
31 Give up being shy. – Network with people. Meet new people. Ask questions. Introduce yourself.
32 Give up worrying about what others think of you. – Unless
you’re trying to make a great first impression (job interview, first date,
etc.), don’t let the opinions of others stand in your way. What they think and say about you isn’t
important. What is important is how you
feel about yourself.
33 Give up trying to control everything. – Life is an
unpredictable phenomenon. No matter how
good or bad things seem right now, we can never be 100% certain what will
happen next. So do you best with what’s
in front of you and leave the rest to the powers above you.
34 Give up doing the same thing over and over again. – In order
to grow, you must expand your horizons and break free of your comfort
zone. If you keep doing what you’re
doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
35 Give up following the path of least resistance. – Life is
not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t find the easy way out. Do something extraordinary.
36 Give up persistent multi-tasking. – Do one thing at a time
and do it right.
37 Give up thinking others are luckier than you. – The harder
you work, the luckier you will become.
38 Give up filling every waking moment with commitments and
activities. – It’s okay to be alone.
It’s okay to do nothing sometimes.
Think. Relax. Breathe. Be.
39 Give up making emotional decisions. – Don’t let your
emotions trump your intelligence. Slow
down and think things through before you make any life-changing decisions.
40 Give up doing the wrong things just because you can get away
with it. – Just because you can get away with something doesn’t mean you should
do it. Think bigger. Keep the end in mind. Do what you know in your heart is right.
41 Give up focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – Focus
on what you do want to happen. Positive
thinking is at the forefront of every great success story. If you awake every morning with the thought
that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close
attention, you’ll often find that you’re right.
42 Give up taking yourself so seriously. – Few others do
anyway. So enjoy yourself and have a
little fun while you can.
43 Give up spending your life working in a career field you’re
notpassionate about. – Life is too short for such nonsense. The right career choice is based on one key
point: Finding hard work you love doing.
So if you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it,
don’t stop. You’re on to something
big. Because hard work ain’t hard when
you concentrate on your passions. Read
The 4-Hour Workweek.
44 Give up thinking about the things you don’t have. – Appreciate
everything you do have. Many people
aren’t so lucky.
45 Give up doubting others. – People who are determined do
remarkable things. Remember, the one who
says it can’t be done should never interrupt the one doing it.
46 Give up fussing with every beauty product on the market. –
Good looks attracts the eyes.
Personality attracts the heart.
Be proud to be you. That’s when
47 Give up trying to fit in. – Don’t mold yourself into someone
you’re not. Be yourself. Oftentimes, the only reason they want you to
fit in is that once you do they can ignore you and go about their business.
48 Give up trying to be different for the sake of being
different. – Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity is conformity. When people try too hard to be different,
they usually end up being just like everyone else who is trying to be
different. Once again, be yourself.
49 Give up trying to avoid risk. – There’s no such thing as
‘risk free.’ Everything you do or don’t
do has an inherent risk.
50 Give up putting your own needs on the back burner. – Yes,
help others, but help yourself too. If
there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to
you, that moment is now.
And remember, mistakes make us human, failures help us grow,
hope keeps us going and love is the reason we’re alive. So keep learning, loving and living. Never give up on yourself.
Do you believe in soul mates? Ok, i know it's not exactly related to my "I am an orange" title, but this post is about my trip. (Went out with my Mom & Dad today. I had fun. The weather was bipolar, so the sweater dress ensemble is a necessity. :D ) Anyways, during the whole trip, whenever I'm inside the car, staring out the window, I was thinking about soul mates, fate, love, destiny, and stuff like that. Some people say the soul mate idea is stupid, but I sure don't. I do believe in the idea. I believe that there's someone out there for everyone. Someone who'll complete them. Someone who'll make their lives complete. It's a sweet idea.
One day, while watching a show about lost love, my mom said, "Your ONE GREAT LOVE will only drop by in your life once. You better be prepared, open your eyes because you're not supposed to let that person get away." I asked her, "But how will you know if the person you meet is yout ONE GREAT LOVE?" Mom answered, "I'm not sure either. I guess you'll just feel it." Then she hugs and kisses dad and says, "but I am sure about one thing, this guy right here is my ONE GREAT LOVE" :)
1. I believe in soul mates. Definitely.
2. I act crazy often, but there are times when I just want to be alone and think to myself... even talk to myself.
3. I get bored easily, but there is someone who FAILS to bore me. I can talk to that person for hours and hours and hours. If we weren't human, and we didn't have human needs (like sleep as a good example), well, I think I could talk to that person for eternity without stopping.
4. I sing & dance like a lunatic dork when I'm alone inside my dorm room. I sing & dance like a lunatic dork at home even though my family and I are in the same room.
5. When I was still just a teeny tiny kiddo, I thought "foot long" means the hotdog is as long as your foot. I told my mom it was unfair to those who have small feet.
6. If I were taller, I would try to pursue a ramp modelling career. lol.
7. I'm not tall, so I'll pursue a Food Technologist Career. :))
8. I love myself small or tall. ♥
9. I like science, but I'm actually more artistically inclined.
10. My dad's my idol. I would love to have loads of MS degrees balanced with awesome guitar and singing skills too. Though I would like to keep my drawing skills please. Dad can't draw. not to mention dance. HAHA.
11. I have the attention span of a squirrel. I sit in class, the lecturer starts, eager learning look on my face vanishes after 10 minutes.
12. I would love to join a play. I'm not sure if I can act though. haha.
13. I used to play the clarinet. After several years, I forgot how to play it. What's a clarinet again? :))
14. Contrary to what others think, I don't dress to impress, I just dress to express. See, I don't have time to draw and paint anymore, and even if I do, I'm often just too darn tired with all the school work. So, I dress up to satisfy my artsy fartsy feeling. It's kinda like I'm a piece of canvass and my clothes are oil pastels.
15. I am not "Bully Joke" tolerant. I only act like the jokes are ok. I hate feeling bad about myself, especially when it's "other people" implemented.
16. I HATE DRESS CODES AT SCHOOL.
17. I'm a very cheesy showy emotional hopeless-romantic cry baby super-loving supercalifragilisticespialidocious person.
18. I ABSOLUTELY hate it when someone calls me Bieber. I may smile at you, but deep inside, I'm pulling your hair out strand by strand. I can take any other joke, just not this! Ugh! And WTH i'm a girl for crying out loud! SERIOUSLY STOP. RUINS MY DAY EVERYTIME. Not mad at people though. Just mad at the joke. :)
19. I am very spontaneous. Plus my thoughts are soooo random. I often jump from 1 idea to another in just a few seconds. oh! did you hear about that one time when.... oh! look a squirrel! :)))
20. I do my own nail arts without any proper nail art tools. I just use whatever the heck I can find at home which I think'll suffice.
21. I love thrift stores. And I love my mom's old closet of old clothes. I do buy branded clothes too, but hey I'm not brand conscious. I don't care as long as it looks great.
22. I think I want to go back to Australia and build a house there. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Philippines of course. It's my home after all. Not planning to "LEAVE" leave.. Just planning to have houses in other countries as well. I just fell in love with Australia too much. Plus my family & I miss our friends there.
23. I want to learn several languages. I want to understand everyone when they're talking. I don't want subtitles. :)))
24. I'm currently studying French & Korean (so hard!). I find that French is easier to study. oh and recently I've decided to study Japanese too.
25. I'm a lazy person, but I can force myself to move my ass and work hard whenever I'm feeling lazy.
26. There are times when I act like I know whatever the heck I'm saying even though I actually don't.
27. I love dogs. I have two: Jolo the Japanese Spitz (annoying sometimes, super smart, stubborn, hyper, easily excited, playful, sweet) & Matti the Dalmatian (obedient, loving, quiet, will never prioritize food over you, will drag you while you're trying to walk her)
28. I am 20 years young.
29. I am very impatient.
30. I am thinking of what to type right now. Decided I should just edit this post once I've thought of something else to add. haha. :))
As promised, here's my 7th DIY nail art. What to call it? I'm not really sure actually. But I guess it sorta looks like laser lights from a party, ooh! and the glittery top coat, well, reminds me of a club as well. I don't really go to parties, but i'm not ignorant about what club parties look like. Oh wait! I know what this nail art reminds me of now, KE$HA, kinda. :D
How I did this! Easy!:
1. apply the blue nail polish (feel free to change the color)
2. let it dry
3. cut tape into small strips
4. stick on your nails (whatever you want the stripes to look like)
5. apply the second nail polish color
6. remove the tape CAREFULLY
7. let it dry for a bit again
8. apply topcoat (in this case I used a topcoat which has glitters)
9. voila! enjoy your fun nails! :D
Toodles for now! ~ Janine ♥
P.S. Slight mistake! This is my 8th DIY nail art, not 7th. I'm afraid I missed posting my Punk Skull nail art on my last blog post. :s
I haven't been using nail polish for quite some time now. I miss my DIY nail arts. Taking a look back at them made me want to have another DIY nail art session. Seriously posting another photo tomorrow. But, for now let's just have a flashback. :)
I wasn't sure what to post for.. well... a few days now, but today I've decided to include My Closet Necessities to my blog. Starting now. :D
I love button ups. Very versatile pieces. They can be used in layering. They also look lovely when worn unbuttoned with dresses and tank tops (what I usually do). They can also be worn as is with the perfect pair of jeans, or tucked in with a high-waisted skirt (short, midi, or even maxi). Ahh, button ups, how will I live without them? :)
oh! funny story about a particular sleeveless button up of mine, one of my absolute faves! It has this kinda lilac color... material is a wee bit on the sheer side. It so happened I found a huge stain on its collar just a few days back. I was devastated! But then, I thought it still looked great except for the stained part, sooooo, I decided to bleach it (strongly bleach it) and turn it all white. HELLO "BRAND NEW" sleevless button up! It kinda resembles the Dorothy Perkins one below. :D